Rainn Wilson Interviews Himself
List 5 things you can learn from a 5-year-old.
(Note to all: I'll make it a 6-year-old, since that's how old my son is.)
1. How to wake up with wonder, enthusiasm, and joie de vivre. Singing and dancing is not just for the cast of Glee. We can wake up doing both and have it be a natural expression of who we are.
2. How to laugh. Just laugh. Let my laughter out, instead of editing, judging, or closing it off. Cynicism, like an opium den, is an easy, poisonous refuge.
3. That the natural world has wonders beyond your wildest dreams. I mean, spiders have EIGHT EYES?! Come on! Grasshoppers have ears on their legs?! AMAZING!
4. That girls are, indeed, weird.
5. How important family is. The bonds we create in the household are the most important and lasting. Savor them; they're sacred.
What would you want the opening lines of your autobiography to be?
After accidentally dropping my Nobel Prize on the temple of the queen of Sweden while singing "Dream Police" on stage with Cheap Trick, and then secretly jumping on the top of the ambulance, riding with her to the hospital, and saving her life by performing a craniotomy on her acute subdural hematoma, I realized that I needed to write down my life's story.
List 5 things you would literally chop off your little toe for.
1. My son to have a good life
2. To meet the aliens who are observing us from a distance
3. The people of Haiti to have clean running water
4. Steve Carell to get hit by a garbage truck
5. World peace
Rainn Wilson stars on NBC's Emmy-winning series The Office. He has appeared onscreen in other films and series, including Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Six Feet Under. Wilson currently lives in Los Angeles with his wife, fiction writer Holiday Reinhorn, their son Walter, and three pit bulls, Oona, Barry, and Pilot.