"The plight of the Arab sector has been sweepingly ignored despite countless appeals to the Culture Ministry," he said. "This indicates a policy of discrimination that is directed against the Arab community."
--Attorney Samaj Iraqi from the Mossawa Center, an Israeli organization that advocates for Arabs citizen's rights, in a precedent-setting petition filed with the High Court of Justice claims that the State continually discriminates against the Arab sector by shortchanging its cultural institutions.
- Culture Ministry discriminates against Arab sector - Arab advocacy groups petition court to mandate Culture and Sports Ministry to allocate fifth of its budget to Arab institutions. (Ynet)
- Integration at Israel's embassy in Norway – Polls in Norway: Israel is a racist state that refuses peace. But the new look of the embassy in Oslo may change that view: The ambassador is a Druze, his deputy will be a Christian-Arab and the consul is Jewish. (Yedioth and Ynet)
- Defense Ministry to compensate commandos who contracted Parkinson's after diving in polluted river (Haaretz)
- Australian Jewish conference cancels far-left speakers, renewing controversy (Haaretz)
- ‘Netanyahu should be put on trial' - Arab MK Hanin Zoabi says prime minister, senior IDF officials should be tried for oppressing Palestinians as court hears petition over partial revocation of Knesset privileges. (Ynet)
- Report: Shoes thrown at Israeli tourists in Jordan - Six Israeli tourists attacked by merchants in local Jordanian market in second anti-Semitic attack of the week. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.
Yaakov Katz on what the delivery of advanced Russian missiles would mean for Israel.