In your opinion, is the Israeli Home Front prepared or not for dealing with a missile attack as the result of an Israeli attack on Iran?
56% - Not ready
18% - Ready
--From Maariv poll in today's paper.
- Olmert refused 2007 invite to address Arab League, support Saudi peace offer - Haaretz learns that although meetings were held in effort to promote the idea, the then prime minister backed out at last minute, choosing the Palestinian front over a regional solution. (Haaretz)
- Migron residents start fundraising campaign to purchase outpost land - Residents to pay upwards of $3 million for 3 plots of land on which the outpost was built. (Haaretz)
- State to use the (W. Bank) Ariel college for PR - Students from abroad will be exposed to Israel via Judea and Samaria when they participate in the prestigious seminar on New Media, which will be held at the Israeli West Bank college. (Maariv, p. 12)
- Egypt TV under fire for hosting Israeli analyst after Sinai attack - Eyal Alima, a correspondent for Israel Radio’s Arabic service, was interviewed on a Tuesday night program to discuss an attack by gunmen who killed 16 Egyptian border soldiers two days earlier. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Bahraini FM shares Israeli ambassador's Iran article - In what may be seen as evidence of growing concern in Arab states over Iran's nuclear ambitions, Sheikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa tweets link to op-ed written by Israel's US Ambassador Michael Oren. (Ynet)
For the full News From Israel
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.