The Hero Project: Solutions Partners
08.14.12 8:00 PM ET
Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation
- Perpetuate the Medal of Honor’s legacy through outreach and collaborative efforts.
- Raise funds for initiatives that promote what the Medal of Honor represents and the public service activities of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society's exclusive membership.
- Promote American values and the qualities of courage, sacrifice and patriotism through increased awareness, education, behavior and example.
- Educate and raise awareness in the American public about the Medal of Honor and what it represents by promoting the values of courage, sacrifice, selfless service and patriotism through outreach, education and example.
- Raise funds that will sustain Foundation and Society programs and objectives and support the public outreach activities of Medal of Honor recipients.
- Provide direct Foundation support to Society programs and operations and the public outreach activities of Medal of Honor recipients.
Courage – Sacrifice – Patriotism – Citizenship – Integrity – Commitment
Founded: May 1999
Headquarters: Falls Church, VA
Founded by the Congressional Medal of Honor Society
President: Thomas L. Wilkerson
- Medal of Honor Living Histories: In partnership with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, interviews with Medal of Honor recipients in vignettes that are used in educational programs. They also play at kiosks in select museums across the country.
- Book: Medal of Honor: Portraits of Valor Beyond the Call of Duty. Now in its 3rd edition, over 400,000 copies in circulation.
- Films: Feats of Valor (2009), Medal of Honor (2008), The Medal (2007).
- Exhibits in select museums.
- Medal of Honor Burials and Marking of Gravesites.
- Scholarship Program: For future leaders enrolled in Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps ROTC programs.
- Medal of Honor Character Development Program: Medal of Honor, Lessons of Personal Bravery and Self-Sacrifice is a teaching resource designed by teachers, for teachers, to provide students with opportunities to explore the important concepts of Courage – Sacrifice – Patriotism – Citizenship – Integrity – Commitment in their daily lives. This program is currently implemented in 46 states.
- Medal of Honor Recipient visits in the classroom and hospitals.