The IDF 'Missed Mark Zuckerberg'
"They missed Mark Zuckerberg, but it's possible America's next computer geniuses will stop at the IDF draft center along their career path to Silicon Valley."
--Yedioth's Yossi Yehoshua reveals IDF plans to convince outstanding Jewish computer geeks to immigrate and join the cyber lineup of Unit 8200.
- Israeli man acquitted of attacking Palestinians over police failures - Jerusalem judge criticizes police for failing to gather necessary testimonies and document medical certificates. (Haaretz+)
- Members of former Kach (Jewish terrorist) movement present: Kahane for kids in video clip - Ahead of anniversary of day radical right wing leader was murdered, his students produced a cartoon video meant "to learn about the activities of the Rabbi of all of the children of Israel." (NRGHebrew + VIDEO)
- Violence, racism on board school bus - Father angered over his son's suspension assaults school bus escort, calling her 'stinking Ethiopian.' (Ynet)
- Palestinian PM Salam Fayyad once again offers to resign - Fayyad quoted as saying that in light of the PA's financial crisis, and for the sake of Palestinian national unity, he is willing to step down. (Haaretz+)
- US Jews: Ashamed of Israel, proud to be Jewish - They are politically involved, have high voter turnout rate and are no longer purely Democratic. Dr. Yehuda Kurtzer seeks to strengthen American Jewry's connection to Israel, but clarifies that Jewish vote has nothing to do with Israeli issue. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.