The Independent Rundown, November 10
Independent Nation gives you the day’s 5 essential reads for independents and centrists:
1. “Welcome to the Twilight Zone,” in Newsweek.
John Avlon on how the right-wing media invented a new reality.
2. “The GOP Must Choose: Rush Limbaugh or Minority Voters,” at The Atlantic.
Do Republicans want to chomp stogies with El Rushbo or remain a force in American politics?
3. “Mitt Romney’s ORCA Program Couldn’t Stay Afloat,” in Politico.
How the GOP’s voter-targeting program went belly-up.
4. “California GOP Showing Worries Party Strategists,” from the Associated Press.
Republicans are going the way of the dodo in the Golden State.
5. “State of Denial,” in The Economist.
For the party of Lincoln, it could have been worse. That’s what’s terrifying them.