The Independent Rundown, November 16
Independent Nation gives you the day’s 5 essential reads for independents and centrists:
1. “In U.S., Views of Obama, Democrats Improve After Election,” at Gallup.
Americans love to love a winner.
2. “Fiscal Cliff Talk Gets Fast Track,” in The Wall Street Journal.
Congressional leaders can talk to one another without spontaneously combusting. Who knew?
3. “Now That’s What I Call Voter Suppression,” at The Economist.
Voters do not want divided government.
4. “New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez: Comments Like Romney’s Set ‘Us Back As a Party," at Yahoo! News.
Keep your gifts to yourself, Mitt.
5. “A Gathering of Heroes,” The Daily Beast.
Recap some of the best moments from Newsweek and The Daily Beast’s inaugural summit on America’s bravest men and women.