Baby Names in Gaza
"State of Palestine."
-- Phrase, which if printed on any official letters to Israeli missions around the world, will mean putting letter in the garbage.
- Israel-Hamas talks to begin in Cairo today - Israeli, Hamas representatives to discuss implementation of ceasefire terms; Egyptian officials to mediate. (Yedioth, p. 18 and Ynet)
- Woman singlehandedly drives terrorist away - As two of her children with her and two others in next room, Yael of Sdei Avraham struggled with terrorist who infiltrated into her house and trapped him in bathroom; he voluntarily fled the scene. (Ynet)
- Report: Internal Hamas row exposed Jabari - Sources tell Kuwaiti newspaper Israel initially planned to kill Hamas PM Haniyeh, but 'reckless' behavior helped security agencies track down terror group's top commander. (Ynet)
- Police order Palestinian workers off buses to West Bank, at request of Israeli settlers - Settlers say these Palestinians pose a security risk; Transportation Ministry says it is considering adding bus lines between West Bank roadblocks and central Israel; these would be geared toward Palestinian laborers. (Haaretz+)
- New baby names in Gaza: 'Fajr' and 'Ahmed Jabari' - Gazans commemorate Operation Pillar of Defense by naming babies after long-range missiles, Hamas military commander. (Ynet)
- PM to pilots: If rockets resume, go back and destroy whatever is left - Netanyahu commends Israel Air Force Sunday for "precise" Gaza operation. Hamas estimates $1.2 billion in Palestinian damage during 8-day Gaza operation, with $545 million in direct property damage. (Israel Hayom)
- Egypt's Morsi agrees to limit scope of controversial power grab - Move indicates president has accepted a judiciary-proposed compromise to try to defuse a crisis. (Agencies, Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.