"I told them I was Israeli in interrogation. They knew anyway."
--Israeli-American Josh Fattal tells Haaretz that he was not treated any worse by his captors, Iran, for his Israeli and Jewish identity, even though, he says, Israel is wrongly "pushing America towards war" against Iran.
- Ruling: 'Price tag' acts akin to terror - Supreme Court renders precedent-setting ruling allowing authorities to apply some of the legal practices used in terror cases to 'price tag' cases. (Ynet)
- Supreme Court okays keeping 'price-tag' suspects from meeting lawyer - Order prohibits three settlers suspected of "price-tag" attacks from meeting with lawyer for 72 hours. Police believe the suspects, who were arrested in the Hebron area, torched vehicles and sprayed graffiti on homes and mosques in Palestinian villages. (Israel Hayom)
- Israeli forces demolish mosque in south Hebron hills - The mosque in al-Mafqara village, near Yatta, was destroyed Tuesday by Israeli forces, who prevented locals from removing books and other objects prior to the demolition, witnesses told Ma'an. (Maan)
- Israel's High Court hears appeal against controversial 'Boycott Law' - According to the law passed in July 2011, a person or organization calling for the boycott of Israel, including the settlements, can be sued by the boycott's targets without having to prove that they sustained damage. (Haaretz+)
- Religious education (system) fighting over Arabic - Only 114 students in the religious high schools signed up to study Arabic, but a new program will encourage religious students to study the language and give teachers an incentive; One Arabic teacher: "It's important to know the neighbors." (Maariv, p. 16)
- Islamic Jihad warns Israel over settlements plan - "The aggressive polices of the occupation require confrontation," the group said, claiming it would respond to Israeli policies of expanding settlements and displacing Palestinians. (Maan)
- Israel's immigrants star in OECD education ranking - Non-native Israelis have higher employment rates than sabras. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.