Number of the day:
65.8% and 24.2%
--Percentage of Arab Israeli children and percentage of Jewish Israeli children living in poverty.
- Poll: Right-wing Habayit Hayehudi swells to third-biggest Israeli party - The poll, conducted by Dr. Mina Zemach, showed the party under its new leader, Naftali Bennett, winning 12 seats - four times as many as it had in the last Knesset. (Haaretz+)
- Justice Ministry delays indictment against Lieberman over new evidence - Justice Ministry refuses to comment on whether delay has to do with a Ch. 10 report that police did not gather evidence from members of the Finance Ministry's nominating committee that appointed Ze'ev Ben Aryeh as Israel's ambassador to Belarus. (Haaretz+ and Israel Hayom)
- IDF, PA collaboration in West Bank faltering - Long-term cooperation between Israeli, Palestinian security forces in West Bank at critical junction. (Ynet)
- Police arrest 3 'price-tag' suspects - Lengthy investigation in case involving desecration of West Bank mosque leads to suspects' arrest. (Ynet)
- Prospect of Hagel nomination sets off alarm bells for some U.S. Jews - ADL says Republican former senator wouldn't be 'first, second or third choice for friends of Israel', but J Street defends him for stance on Iraq. (JTA, Haaretz)
- Iran's supreme leader 'likes' Facebook - Social network banned in Islamic Republic has unlikely new member: Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Experts say use of website appears aimed at countering Western media. (Agencies, Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.