Likud Trots Out Feiglin
"I represent a generation. Disqualifying me is disqualifying an entire generation of Palestinians."
--Arab-Israeli MK Hanin Zoabi responds after being disqualified to run in the upcoming Israeli elections.
- IDF to reduce time Palestinian minors may be held without seeing a judge - The state informed the High Court of Justice of the reduction this week, however the initial incarceration period for Palestinians remains at least twice as long as for Israeli youths. (Haaretz+)
- Uniformed rightists urge IDF disobedience - New videos by right-wing group call on soldiers, teens to actively hinder any military operation involving settlement eviction. (Ynet)
- Likud touts (far-right-wing) Feiglin to lure in religious voters - New campaign featuring far-Right candidate is meant to appeal to national-religious sector. (Ynet and Israel Hayom)
- Comptroller to probe Israel gun laws - Special inquiry to look into gun control regulations following recent incidents involving security guards who murdered their wives, as well as Newtown massacre. (Ynet)
- Israeli court indicts alleged Tel Aviv bus bomber - Security forces arrested suspects shortly after No. 142 bus was attacked during Operation Pillar of Defense in November; suspect is Palestinian residing in Israel as part of family reunification plan. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)t)
- Israel approves Qatar emir's visit to West Bank, in nod to Abbas - Israel approved the visit under assumption that the emir will offer financial aid to the struggling Palestinian Authority, and give Palestinian Authority diplomatic strengthening over Hamas rival. (Haaretz+)
- West Bank Palestinians strike in protest of Israeli sanctions - Following Palestinian success at the U.N. General Assembly, government employees in the West Bank strike in protest of Israeli sanctions withholding some $100 million in monthly customs and delay in payment of wages. (Agencies, Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.