The Holocaust has led Jewish Americans to the "wrong conclusion… That they have to support Israel no matter what."
--Israeli film director of "The Gatekeepers" speaks about the forces that harm the Jewish state.
- Lapid and Bennett coordinating moves to outflank ultra-Orthodox in next coalition - The link between Lapid and Bennett sends a clear signal to Netanyahu that both are serious about confronting the ultra-Orthodox conscription issue. (Haaretz+)
- Lapid demanding Finance Committee and Housing Ministry - Yair Lapid's party says there's no point in receiving ministerial posts if the committee remains in United Torah Judaism's hands. (Haaretz+)
- Women's group: Ban Eshel from public office - Israel Women's Network urges AG to bar disgraced PM bureau chief from heading coalition negotiation; warns 'Bringing Eshel back threatens women's safety.' (Ynet)
- Israeli filmmaker: Netanyahu as much to blame for Rabin's death as Yigal Amir - Dror Moreh, who directed the Oscar-nominated documentary 'The Gatekeepers,' also says that American Jews' unyielding support for Israel is harmful to its future. (Haaretz+)
- Rivlin: Knesset may be ready to pass a constitution - Knesset speaker says conditions are ripe for permanent constitution: "The election results show that Israelis have reset their priorities and prove that many are no longer resigned to having the peace process top the agenda." (Israel Hayom)
- Due to clerical error, Arab town votes for far-right Jewish party - A recount of the polling data in Jisr al-Zarqa, which attracted the attention of the elections committee, revealed a clerical error was responsible for the surprising support of Aryeh Eldad and Michael Ben Ari's party. (Haaretz+)
- Morsi aide: Holocaust a U.S. hoax - Fox News quotes Fathi Shihab-Eddim as saying 'The myth of the Holocaust is an industry that America invented.' (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.