It’s not an obvious path for a middle-aged Islamic Movement activist who only boarded an airplane for the first time when he was 35.
--Haaretz+ writes about a former Arab MK who now works as a pilot.
- Beitar defies racist fans and signs two Muslim Chechen players - Beitar Jerusalem soccer club fans caused an uproar last week when they held racist signs protesting new recruits, resulting in censure for the club. "I'm happy I came here and I will please the fans with my game," said Zaur Sadayev. (Agencies, Israel Hayom)
- IDF recruit's petition: Crew cut violates my rights - In call for gender equality, Tel Aviv teen asks court to bar army from forcing male recruits to cut their hair. (Ynet)
- Israel transfers Palestinians $100M - Jewish state releases tariffs and tax monies it collects on behalf of PA, which were frozen last year as punishment for U.N. bid. Israeli official said it was a one-off measure and not a sign transfers would be renewed. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Argentina blasts Israel for protesting deal with Iran on 1994 bombing - Buenos Aires issues harsh statement stressing that Israel has no right to interfere in the decision of Argentina and Iran to set up a joint committee to probe the 1994 bombing of Jewish center. (Haaretz+)
- Morsi says his Jewish comments misunderstood - In Berlin, Egyptian president says his 2010 remarks about Jews taken out of context, stresses he's not against Jewish faith. He also called for the international community to act to "Liberate all the conquered Arab lands and end the continued suffering of the Palestinians." (Agencies, Ynet)
- Hagel: Window is closing on Iran and possibility of diplomacy - Obama's nominee for defense secretary says Iran needs to show that it is prepared to negotiate seriously, and should face 'severe and growing consequences' if it continues to flout world demands. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Palestinians and Canadian natives join hands to protest colonization - Palestinians, both at home and abroad, have found an unlikely partner in the struggle against colonization: First Nations, the indigenous peoples of Canada. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.