Royal Court Battle Averted With ‘Disorderly Conduct’ Plea
So much for a courtroom showdown. The year-old “Battle Royale” between Monaco’s Pierre Casiraghi and former bikini-bar owner Adam Hock came to an anticlimactic end in Manhattan criminal court Monday morning when Hock pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, averting a criminal trial.
“The court speaks for itself,” Hock told me after his brief court appearance. “There are no criminal charges whatsoever. The truth always comes out. I’m totally exonerated.”
Well, not totally exonerated. The court ordered Hock to serve 10 days of community service and to attend 36 hours of anger-management classes. Hock assured reporters he’d “never had trouble going out socially prior to this experience.” After last February’s incident with Casighari et al, he’s now “more prudent [regarding] where I go and who I associate with.”
Originally charged with multiple counts of misdemeanor assault, Hock could have faced up to a year in prison if he had been convicted. A trial itself would have put a serious dent on his work schedule as co-founder of the Independent Libya Foundation, a philanthropic group he’s been working with for the past two years.
And what of his anger-management sentence?
“My closest friends and my wife say I’m the least angry man on the planet,” he told reporters, but said he’ll “keep an open mind” during the court-administered classes.
Originally charged with multiple counts of misdemeanor assault, Hock could have faced up to a year in prison if he had been convicted.
More on the lawsuit here.