Hezbollah And The Bulgaria Bombing
--The number of civilian deaths the IDF revealed it is probing out of the 164 Palestinians killed in Operation Pillar of Cloud.
- IDF probing deaths of 70 Palestinian civilians - Military Advocate General stresses army under lo legal obligation to conduct inquiry, says probe doesn't suggest any violation of the law during Pillar of Cloud, only commitment to international law. Palestinians reported 164 fatalities and 1,200 injuries in operation. (Ynet)
- IDF breaks pledge to remove two illegal fences around W. Bank settlements preventing Palestinians from reaching their land - IDF completed its preparatory work and passed project on to Defense Ministry for approval of funding, but request has not gone through; IDF never informed High Court that it would be unable to meet timetable. (Haaretz+)
- Four Israeli citizens living in Gaza challenge ban on visiting family - One converted to Islam and married Palestinian, three sisters moved to Gaza with Palestinian father after Israeli mother died. (Haaretz+)
- IDF to post first 'cyberdefense' officers to its regional commands - Officers will be under the direct command of the army's Computer Service Directorate. (Israel Hayom)
- Hezbollah: Burgas bombing charges are part of Israeli smear campaign - Deputy of the Lebanese Islamist militant group dismisses Bulgaria's accusation that Hezbollah is responsible for an attack that killed five Israeli tourists. (Agencies, Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Abbas thanks Iran for backing PA's UN bid - Palestinian president meets with Iranian leader in Cairo six months after two's first meeting. 'Iran is ready to annihilate Israel if it attacks one of the Islamic nations,' Ahmadinejad says. (Ynet)
- Ahmadinejad: Iran already a nuclear state, but has no intention of launching attack on Israel - In interview with Al-Ahram on eve of Islamic Summit Conference in Cairo, Iranian president also says his country opposes outside intervention in Syria. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.