Likud MK Miri Regev "should learn a thing or two about the duty of lawmakers and the reason for their immunity."
--Meretz party leader MK Zahav Gal-On chides her colleague for condemning her for raising the issue of Prisoner X during a Knesset session, despite a gag order.
- Israeli residents oppose plans to build power plant near Gaza Strip - Security fears, including rocket attacks, outweigh facility's use of environmentally friendly fuel. (Haaretz+)
- IDF razes Gush Etzion (settler outpost) homes; 4 families evicted - In last few years, demolition notices were issued against most homes in outpost adjacent to Nokdim. ‘This is state land, there was no reason to destroy,’ residents protest. (Ynet)
- IDF holds siren drill across Israel today to prepare students for mass missile attack - Exercise geared toward Israeli students, to improve readiness in case of massive missile fire. (Haaretz+)
- Tzipi Livni and Hatnuah moving away from joining the government coalition - After it was thought she would be joining, the former foreign minister conditioned her party’s entrance to the freezing of settlement construction in the West Bank. (Maariv, p. 14/NRG Hebrew)
- Habayit Hayehudi rejects PM's portfolio offer - Bennett's party dismisses Likud's initial proposal; says it means to 'drive a wedge in alliance with Yesh Atid' (Ynet)
- Israel accused of coercing Eritrean refugees to 'volunteer' for deportation - Local U.N. official, NGO claim Israel tells Eritrean nationals that they can either go back home, where their lives would be in danger, or remain in jail. (Haaretz+)
- Senior Iranian commander reportedly killed - Tehran news website says Revolutionary Guard general killed by 'mercenaries of the Zionist regime.' (Agencies, Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.