Likud MK Miri Regev "should learn a thing or two about the duty of lawmakers and the reason for their immunity."
--Meretz party leader MK Zahav Gal-On chides her colleague for condemning her for raising the issue of Prisoner X during a Knesset session, despite a gag order.
- Israeli residents oppose plans to build power plant near Gaza Strip - Security fears, including rocket attacks, outweigh facility's use of environmentally friendly fuel. (Haaretz+)
- IDF razes Gush Etzion (settler outpost) homes; 4 families evicted - In last few years, demolition notices were issued against most homes in outpost adjacent to Nokdim. ‘This is state land, there was no reason to destroy,’ residents protest. (Ynet)
- IDF holds siren drill across Israel today to prepare students for mass missile attack - Exercise geared toward Israeli students, to improve readiness in case of massive missile fire. (Haaretz+)
- Tzipi Livni and Hatnuah moving away from joining the government coalition - After it was thought she would be joining, the former foreign minister conditioned her party’s entrance to the freezing of settlement construction in the West Bank. (Maariv, p. 14/NRG Hebrew)
- Habayit Hayehudi rejects PM's portfolio offer - Bennett's party dismisses Likud's initial proposal; says it means to 'drive a wedge in alliance with Yesh Atid' (Ynet)
- Israel accused of coercing Eritrean refugees to 'volunteer' for deportation - Local U.N. official, NGO claim Israel tells Eritrean nationals that they can either go back home, where their lives would be in danger, or remain in jail. (Haaretz+)
- Senior Iranian commander reportedly killed - Tehran news website says Revolutionary Guard general killed by 'mercenaries of the Zionist regime.' (Agencies, Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.