"I was crying all the time, I told them I have no issue with anything and that I have done nothing. I said 'be merciful, I have done nothing' but they didn’t listen to me...They filmed me, laughing and mocking me."
--From the testimony of a mentally disabled Palestinian man who was abused by four Israeli Border Police officers and had their dog sicced on him.
- 4 Border Guards convicted of abusing helpless Palestinian - Border Guard officers documented themselves abusing mentally disabled Palestinian near Givat Ze'ev checkpoint. Btselem tracked down the man and got his testimony. (Ynet+testimony and Haaretz+VIDEO)
- Former Jewish Underground convict receives more than NIS 1.3 million from state - The Israel Tax Authority paid him compensation for damage he suffered while cultivating land illegally in a Palestinian village – and he is suing for more. (Haaretz+)
- Vandals desecrate Muslim cemetery in Jerusalem - 'Price tag' sprayed over graves in cemetery located near site of a planned museum of tolerance. (Ynet and Haaretz+)
- Settler security official: 'Palestinians are not supposed to stand next to Jews' (972mag)
- Human Rights Watch: Israel violated laws of war during offensive on Gaza - U.S.-based group says Israel mounted several airstrikes on non-military targets and used disproportionate force during November's operation against Hamas in the Gaza Strip; attacks claimed the lives of over 40 Palestinian civilians, new report says. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- U.S., Jordan say 'window closing' on Middle East peace process - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh say their countries are committed to trying to achieve a lasting Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement. Jordan FM: Israel-Palestinian conflict has global ramifications. (Agencies, Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.