The Most Jewish President
"(Obama) is probably the most Jewish president the United States has ever had."
--US columnist Jeffrey Goldberg in an interview with Haaretz+.
- Racist incitement by Israeli public figures doubled in 2012, study shows- According to a new report from the Coalition Against Racism in Israel, there were 106 cases of high profile racist statements last year, compared with 59 such cases the year before. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli lightly injured in West Bank shooting - Man shot from passing car at bus stop southwest of Nablus; police searching for shooter. (Haaretz+ andYnet)
- IDF soldier convicted of negligent homicide for killing of Palestinian man - The 21-year-old laborer who was shot was not considered a security threat but was trying to get to his job after entering Israel through a gap in the separation fence. (Haaretz+)
- Prisoners group to protest outside US consulate in Jerusalem - A Palestinian prisoners group will organize a sit-in protest on Tuesday in front of the US consulate in Jerusalem, a day before President Obama visits the region. (Maan)
- Israel Prison Service chief: Mossad responsible for Zygier's suicide - Israel Prison Service Commissioner Lt. Gen. Aharon Franco: Information provided by Mossad on Ben Zygier did not enable his imprisonment to be managed as needed, which led to his suicide. (Israel Hayom)
- Israel's Civil administration (in Palestinian Territories) prevented Palestinian from working in Israel "because he has a relative who is insane" - Jerusalem District Court criticized Civil Administration and ordered it to reconsider Ahmed Khamaysa's request. (Haaretz+ Hebrew)
- Kissinger: Little chance of breakthrough in peace talks - Former secretary of state said chances for progress in Israeli-Palestinians peace process slim. Meanwhile, poll shows 68% of Americans against US involvement in negotiations. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.