"I beseech you to leave no stone unturned and to examine the feasibility of the peace initiative in light of the fact that we live in a region that is almost completely Muslim, and out of the belief that the peace initiative contains the seeds to begin building a bridge of understanding between Islam and Judaism and the Jewish state."
--Shas MK Yitzhak Cohen urges Prime Minister to adopt Arab Peace Initiative.
- Knesset okays preliminary reading of controversial bill that would make it harder to topple government - Likud MK Rivlin slams bill; Opposition leader Yacimovich brands it 'dictatorial.' (Haaretz+)
- Clashes at Aqsa mosque - Hundreds of Israelis gathered at Damascus Gate singing nationalistic songs and filing through the area, most of which was shut off to pedestrians. Israeli police assaulted journalists and protesters, arrested 15 people including children, who were waiting at the Damascus Gate in advance of a demonstration by right-wing Israelis coinciding with "Jerusalem Day," a controversial national holiday celebrating what Israelis call the "reunification" of the city. (Maan)
- State comptroller: Israel Police don't enforce law properly in Arab communities - Understaffed stations in less populated areas and unmet goals to improve services to Arab communities are criticized in the state comptroller's new annual report. (Haaretz+)
- Amidror: Israel is close to an agreement with Turkey - During his visit to China on Tuesday, the National Security adviser spoke about his meeting with Turkish leaders two days ago. "As soon as we complete the agreement over the Mavi Marmara, there will be ambassadors in Jerusalem and Ankara." (Israel Hayom)
- Israeli forces demolish 3 houses near Jericho - Israeli forces demolished threes homes in the Jericho village of al-Auja on Wednesday, under the pretext that they were built illegally in Area C, which is under full Israeli control. The soldiers did not allow the owners to collect their belongings. (Maan)
- Haredi soldiers request exemption from uniform - Haredim serving in IDF suffer abuse from community angered by conscription; request to ride public transportation for free without uniform to save face; however, IDF refuses. (Ynet)
- Iran says will turn Golan into ‘Fatahland’ - After alleged Israel attack on Syria, Iran issues war-like declarations, orders Assad army to protect homeland, according to Hezbollah-affiliated newspaper. ‘Front open to Syrians, Palestinians, to all who wish to fight Israel.' (Agencies, Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.