"There is no significant difference between the vision of these parties and the vision of the Muslim Brotherhood."
--Yedioth commentator Yaron London compares Israeli ultra-Orthodox parties with Egyptian religious parties.
- Israeli forces deny Nablus farmers access to fields - Israeli forces on Sunday morning prevented several Palestinian farmers from working on their fields south of Nablus in Huwwara. On Saturday, extremist settlers attacked farmers in the area and damaged a private vehicle and a tractor. (Maan)
- Israeli forces 'arrest 65-year-old man' near Yatta - Soldiers detained Eid al-Hathaleen and threatened to arrest and fine the other farmers south of Hebron if they entered the 12-acre area of their land, which settlers seized and surrounded with barbed wire last week. (Maan)
- One-fifth of new Jerusalem park to be built on Palestinian land - The Refaim Valley Park will cover more than 1,425 acres, at the southern exit of Jerusalem where the Green Line passes through. (Haaretz+)
- Non-Jewish soldiers will be buried in same section as Jews, but in different rows - Army chief of staff will now place a flag each Memorial Day at the grave of the last soldier buried, not the last Jewish soldier. (Haaretz+ and Israel Hayom)
- Israel to re-open northern West Bank road - Israel has agreed to reopen a road in the northern West Bank that was closed since 2003. (Maan)
- Israeli prisons significantly more crowded than in the West, official report says - Prisoners get only 2.9 square meters of cell space per person, compared to 8.8 square meters in the West, according to the Public Defender's Office, leading to friction and limiting rehabilitation prospects. (Haaretz+)
- Poll: 85% of Israelis say they won't holiday in Turkey - Despite Israel's apology over the Marmara affair, 42% believe that there was no change in the relations between the states, 71% believe Israel should not have apologized. (Israel Hayom, p. 15)
- Hundreds (of Israeli Arabs) rally in Sakhnin, Kafr Kanna in support of Morsi - Protesters gather to support Egyptian democracy, say 'people of Egypt chose Morsi, their choice must be honored.' (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.