"But I think our friends there should understand that there are limits to what the Israeli viewer can digest first thing in the morning. We prefer our occupation after lunch."
--Maariv TV program reviewer writes about why Arab MK Ahmed Tibi should not be on an Israeli morning show.
- PA minister: Deaths possible amid hunger strike - The Palestinian minister of prisoners’ affairs on Tuesday warned of possible deaths among hunger-striking prisoners and highlighted that their health had seriously deteriorated. (Maan)
- AG asked to probe Upper Nazareth mayor for racial incitement - 'Upper Nazareth will be Jewish forever,’ controversial city mayor declares. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli scientists: Cutting ties with EU would seriously damage research - Academics concerned that Naftali Bennett's proposal to end cooperation with the EU over its new settlement guidelines would render Israeli research regional and less relevant. (Haaretz)
- Palestinian community leader in Canada: Shoot Israeli Jews if they don’t leave Jerusalem - At annual Al-Quds Day rally in Toronto, speaker called for 'an ultimatum' to Israelis: 'You have to leave Jerusalem. You have to leave Palestine.' (JTA, Haaretz)
- Bedouins complain: Polio vaccinations stop short of our communities - Mobile clinic failed to show up, baby clinic in Rahat closed, Bedouins accuse Health Ministry. Rahat mayor says made effort to increase awareness, but residents had nowhere to turn. (Ynet)
- Ancient Jewish village found in Galilee - Uncovered site includes ancient synagogue, houses and evidence of pottery production, says Samford University professor who led archaeological dig. (Ynet)
- Hamas presents docs 'revealing Fatah incitement' - Hamas leader Salah Bardawil presented four documents allegedly incriminating Fatah in a campaign of incitement against Hamas. Some documents relate to fabricated claims of Hamas activities in Sinai, such as accusing Hamas of smuggling weapons to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, and of having weapons arsenals in Gaza, said Bardawil. (Maan)
For the full News from Israel.