"I don't know what's better, to be in the mouth of a dove or on the penis of a Jew."
--Arab-Israeli author Sayed Kashua in an interview with Globes, on whether he feels in his work that he is more like an olive branch or a fig leaf.
- 'West Bank military courts systematically deny Palestinians the right to a fair trial' - Military prosecution fails to meet legal requirements under Geneva Convention, says Col. Netanel Benishu, new president of the military courts in the territories. (Haaretz+)
- Official confirmation: State admits to vetting defense lawyers in security trials - Letter from prosecution to senior lawyer sheds light on 'shadow judicial system’ for security cases. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli extradited to Bosnia to stand trial for genocide - Carmiel resident who immigrated from former Yugoslavia was allegedly involved in the 1995 massacre of over 1,000 Muslim Bosnians. (Haaretz+)
- Arab bus driver beaten at wheel by passengers in Israel’s north - Arab Israeli Shahdi Hadar says none of the other 40 passengers came to his aid; five suspects arrested. (Haaretz+)
Palestinian clo,thes of the king - The royal tour turned into a big embarrassment: King and Queen of Sweden agreed to wear keffiyehs they received from someone who said he was an Iraqi refugee - without knowing it had an anti-Israeli slogan, "Al-Aqsa is ours and is not their Holy Temple." (Yedioth, p. 9/Ynet)
- Israel's Sweden ambassador compares Palestinian prisoners to mass killer Breivik - The ambassador’s remarks have caused a storm in Sweden, and have garnered harsh criticism from the families of Breivik’s victims. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Lavish 'Gaza' mall is actually in Malaysia, Israeli military admits - Israeli military apologizes for a photograph on its English-language blog, which was incorrectly represented as a mall in Gaza, describing it as an honest mistake. (Haaretz+)
- PMO confirms terrorists' bodies to be transferred to PA - Following PMO'sWednesday denial of report on Israeli intention to hand over to Palestinians bodies of terrorists buried in Israeli territory, High Court procedure supports reports. (Ynet)
- Israel vying to supply weapons to Poland - Allegations of preferential treatment for Israeli suppliers raising a storm among senior Polish officers. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.