"Israel’s behavior conveys the following message: 'If you compel me, I will engage in peace talks.' In other words, the only interest that guides the Israeli government is to avoid a colossal crisis with the world."
--Uzi Baram writes in Haaretz how the right-wing description of 'peace' must be ignored and the real meaning of peace must be adopted.
- Palestinians clash with Israeli troops near Bethlehem - Two young Palestinian men were hit by rubber-coated bullets and several others were hurt by tear gas during clashes with Israeli troops in Ayda refugee camp near Bethlehem Monday evening. The youth clashed with forces to express anger over the IDF's killing of three young Palestinians in Qalandiya refugee camp. (Maan)
- Israeli forces raid Jenin area village, clash with residents - Two young Palestinian men were hit by rubber-coated bullets, and several others choked as they inhaled tear gas during clashes with Israeli forces who raided Sanur village near Jenin Monday evening to Israeli forces raided the village and ransacked the home of a senior Fatah leader to summon his son for interrogation. (Maan)
- Israeli forces raid factories, confiscate equipment near Bethlehem - Israeli forces ransacked several factories and workshops in the area and confiscated bulldozers and other equipment in the town of Beit Fajjar. (Maan)
- Israeli forces demolish East Jerusalem homes - Without giving prior notice, Israeli forces stormed several homes, ordering the families out and then razed the homes in the E. Jerusalem neighborhoods of al-Tur and Eisawiya. (Maan)
- Netanyahu snubs French minister - until Jewish leader steps in - Visiting French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius’ request to reschedule a meeting with the PM was repeatedly turned down until a high-profile Jewish politician and long-time Netanyahu supporter intervened. (Haaretz+)
- French FM: EU settlement boycott may be revised - Laurent Fabius, who is visiting Israel, says while the EU stands by its decision to cut economic ties with Israeli institutions located beyond 1967 lines, Brussels can review its guidelines if they prove to have "any unpredictable implications." (Israel Hayom)
- Normalization diplomacy between Israel, Turkey falter - Government sources say Turkey's insistence on calling payments to the families of the Mavi Marmara victims "punitive damages" and not "compensation" brought the negotiations to a halt. (Israel Hayom)
- Labor race: MKs form united front against Yachimovich - MKs Cabel, Margalit stand behind Yitzhak Herzog as he announces candidacy for party leadership. (Ynet)