“I'm critiquing the way the American Jewish community operates because I think we're hurting ourselves, and Israel, through our isolation from Palestinians. As Jews and Zionists, I want us to do better."
--Peter Beinart in a new article discussed in Haaretz+.
- Israeli forces demolish Jericho home, assault residents - Israeli soldiers destroyed a house and cattle farm belonging to Deifallah Rashayda and Jihad Rashayda, leaving 12 family members homeless in the Jericho village of Fasayil. Five women were hospitalized after soldiers assaulted them with their rifle butts. (Maan)
- World's literary stars sign Israeli petition against destruction of Palestinian villages - Nobel laureates in literature and other prominent writers sign petition by David Grossman against destruction of villages in southern Hebron hills. (Haaretz)
- Israel pledges to demolish synagogue, yeshiva at West Bank settlement - State promises court to tear down buildings by next March after finding land is owned by Palestinians, purchase deeds were forged. (Haaretz+)
- Roadside bomb targets IDF patrol on Gaza border - Attack near Kibbutz Nahal Oz causes no casualties or damage. IDF Spokesman said it was the "second incident of this type in three days." (Israel Hayom)
- Israel closes Ibrahimi Mosque (Cave of the Patriarchs) in Hebron for Jewish new year - Israeli authorities will close the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron to Palestinian worshipers during the Jewish new year, a Palestinian official said Monday. (Maan)
- Hamdallah to start international trip seeking financial support - Caretaker Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah will begin an international tour this week to secure financial support for the Palestinian Authority. He seeks $500 million to cover the PA's budget deficit. (Maan)
- Jordan condemns forming new prayer plaza at Western Wall - According to Jordanian news agency Petra, Jordan condemned Minister Naftali Bennett's initiative to construct a new prayer area south of the Western Wall for the Women of the Wall. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.