"This thing is being handled like some moonlighting gig."
--Speaking at a conference, Yossi Beilin slams Israel's handling of the peace talks.
- Absentee Property Law in East Jerusalem - Israeli court may suspend law used to take over Palestinian land in Jerusalem - Judges worry that such a ruling would have far-reaching consequences, if applied to every case since 1967; Justice Elyakim Rubinstein calls idea a 'Pandora's box' that could cause legal and practical chaos. (Haaretz+)
- The tankist who kept the dog tags of an Egyptian soldiers asks to return them to his family - For years Shlomo Ohion repressed the memories from the Egyptian front. But following the POW exchange deal, his conscience tormented him. "I don't know what happened to the owner of the dog tags (military ID), if he was killed by our forces, became a POW, or escaped and my conscience tormented me. It may be the only keepsake that is left for his family." The tag reads: Army sergeant Mohammad Rashad Abd al-Wahab #3122313, Platoon 8. (Maariv, p. 8/NRG Hebrew+PHOTOS)
- Document: NSA shares Americans' data with Israel - Secret document provided to the Guardian by Snowden indicates US government handed over to Israel intercepted communications likely to contain phone calls and emails of American citizens; also suggests Jewish state 'third most aggressive intelligence service against US.' (Ynet and Israel Hayom)
- Israel's highest academic society: 108 professors, but not a single Arab - The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities selects its members from among scholars at the peak of their career, usually when they’ve passed 60 years old; academy official says: 'Regrettably, the number of Arab scientists... is too small'. (Haaretz+)
- Palestinians demonstrate at Al-Jazeera offices - Police prevent break-in following Arafat insult on television talk show. (Ynet)
- Jerusalem court convicts Hamas 'charity' workers - Three Israelis helped boost terror group's popularity among capital's Muslim population through various educational, welfare activities. (Ynet and Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.