Number of the day: 10.
--Length in centimeters of the biggest date in the world, a Saudi Arabian variety, that will be on display in Israeli President Shimon Peres' sukkah. (NRG Hebrew)
- Injured Palestinian construction worker left to die on Tel Aviv street - Building contractor denies that he dumped the worker, saying that he attempted to resuscitate him for an hour without success. Witnesses say otherwise. (Haaretz+)
- IDF stops stationing troops in towns on north and south borders - The decision to no longer station soldiers was made for operational reasons and not out of budget concerns, the army says; security at West Bank settlements to continue. (Haaretz+, Ynet and NRG Hebrew)
- History in Brussels: Settlers held special session with E.U. legislators - Settlers get E.U.'s Foreign Affairs Committee to hold first of its kind session on ways to avert the planned E.U. sanctions against Israeli settlements. MK Ayelet Shaked tells 15 E.U. MPs: Delegitimization of parts of Israel by Europe is the new anti-Semitism. (Israel Hayom)
- IDF troops kill Palestinian during West Bank arrest raid - Soldiers open fire on suspect after he attempted to escape, the army says; similar incident occurred during arrest operation in Jenin three weeks ago. (Haaretz+ and Israel Hayom)
- Straight from Russia: First parachuting Palestinian women - Four female combat soldiers in their early twenties, members of the 'National Guard,' completed battle parachuting course. "We don't have planes or helicopters, so the only place we can parachute from is tall buildings." (Maariv, p. 1/NRG Hebrew)
- Border community rearms in protest of IDF withdrawal - Kadesh-Barnea decides to rearm emergency squad in protest of IDF's decision to withdraw soldiers protecting border community from area. 'We have families; we're working people; we don't have time, abilities or manpower to protect ourselves,' resident says. (Ynet)
- Amnesty International 'comfortably numb' to Roger Waters' anti-Israel sentiments - The former Pink Floyd bassist is known for his calls to boycott Israel, and regularly labels it an apartheid regime. Some Jewish media outlets have denounced Waters' stage props during his performances as anti-Semitic. (Israel Hayom)
- Not just Netanyahu: Abu Mazen will also meet with Obama next week - Palestinian Authority Chairman (President) Mahmoud Abbas will meet with U.S. President before the U.N. General Assembly. (Israel Hayom, p. 7)
For the full News from Israel.