"When I was 20-years-old, I realized that my first reaction to hearing Arabic on the streets was fear. I wanted it to be different for my son - that Arabic also be a language of joy, fun and coexistence."
--Adva Shay explains why she decided to send her son to a Jewish-Arab bilingual preschool.
- Vengeful' teenage yeshiva students suspected of Jerusalem hate (nationalistically-motivated) crimes - Group of yeshiva students aged 13-16 are suspected of torching vehicles, throwing stones at Arabs. Boys say they acted out of 'hatred for Arabs, revenge for attacks committed against Jews.' The youth pelleted vehicles of Arabs or opened the car doors to assault drivers or spit at them. (Ynet and Haaretz)
- (Day after attack in Psagot settlement) Clashes near Ramallah after settlers attack Palestinians - Israeli forces clashed with Palestinians on Sunday north of Ramallah, when forces entered the al-Zira neighborhood after settlers attacked Palestinians and vandalized several cars. (Maan)
- Israeli settlers from Ariel raze Salfit agricultural land - Settlers used construction machinery to crush rocks to use for paving stones, leveling the land for construction work to expand the illegal settlement. (Maan)
- PA security spokesman says West Bank 'under control' - Palestinian Authority forces have security in the West Bank under control and will continue to deal with anyone who violates the law, security services spokesman Adnan Damiri said. (Maan)
- Bilingual education flourishes in Israel, but only in cities' - My first reaction to hearing Arabic on the streets was fear,' says one mother. (Haaretz+)
- 44 dead as divided Egypt marks 40th anniversary of Yom Kippur War - Fighting began after supporters and opponents of deposed Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood took to the streets. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Arab and Jewish in special program for negotiation skills heard real-life experiences - Some 300 Arab and Jewish high school students, who spent the past year honing their negotiation skills in a unique program partnering the Amal School Network and Harvard Law School’s Program on Negotiation heard about a kidnapping and Jewish-Arab proposal for land disputes. (Haaretz)
- Suspected Iranian spy charged with espionage, aiding enemy in war - Ali Mansouri gave Iran intel on airport security in Israel, photos of U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv, indictment says. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
- Iran says at least four arrested for trying to sabotage nuclear site - Individuals 'were caught red-handed and their interrogations are ongoing,' says head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Young Iranians combat Netanyahu with 'jeans protest' - Israel's prime minister addressed Iran over the heads of the ayatollahs, and its youth responded with anger and ridicule. (Haaretz+ and Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.