"Some of my comrades-in-arms got combat shock, not from the battle itself, but from the burial of the (Egyptian) soldiers."
--Major (res.) Mati Chai talks about his understandings of war and the enemy after he decides to return the dog tags he took from a dead Egyptian soldier 40 years ago. (Yedioth, p. 18)
- 30 settlers attack Palestinian car near Nablus - Nasser Hamarsheh, 60, his cousin Montaser and an international guest were traveling to the former site of Homesh settlement northwest of Nablus when 30 settlers hiding behind olive trees attacked the car with stones and sticks. (Maan)
- Revealed: Large-scale fraud halts land deals in West Bank settlement of Beit El - WZO Settlement Division takes action after discovery that 250 homes built illegally and documents forged to cover up. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli rightists raise flag in Asqa compound - A group of 14 Israeli right-wingers raised the Israeli flag and began dancing and singing, while touring the Al-Aqsa mosque compound on Monday. Some also prayed. They were arrested by police and later freed. (Maan and Israel Hayom, p. 7)
- Tunnel discovery leaves local security squads wondering if paintball training is enough - Civilian security squads in communities near Gaza raise concerns about potential terror attacks after Israeli military cuts training. (Haaretz+)
- Radiation experts confirm polonium on Arafat clothing - Swiss radiation experts have confirmed they found traces of polonium on clothing used by Yasser Arafat which "support the possibility" the veteran Palestinian leader was poisoned. (Maan)
- Report: Wife of Palestinian prisoner pregnant after sperm smuggled to Gaza - Boy will be Gaza's first 'prison baby,' The Guardian reports, joining at least another three West Bank infants conceived in the same way. (Haaretz+)
- Israel: Only sanctions can ensure a genuine diplomatic solution with Iran - Ahead of two days of talks in Geneva between the six world powers and Iran, Israel releases official statement saying that it does not object to Iran having a peaceful energy program, but says in any agreement Tehran's military nuclear program must be dismantled. (Haaretz+)
- Khamenei: Main enemy is Zionist network - Eve of resumption of talks between Iran and West, ayatollah slams Israel, US in annual hajj speech. 'Arrogant governments, headed by the USA, deceive public opinion in different countries,' he says. (Agencies, Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.