"What does the snow harmony in the West Bank indicate about the chances of peace? Nothing. When the snow melts, the party will be over."
--Senior Yedioth political commentator reviews the cooperation between Israeli settlers and soldiers and Palestinians in the West Bank during the snow storm of the century. (Nahum Barnea, Yedioth/Ynet)
- U.S. academic group votes to boycott Israel - The American Studies Association, which has 5,000 members, cites 'Israel's violation of international law and UN resolutions' among reasons for boycott of Israeli academic institutions. (Haaretz)
- Bennett says anti-leftist-NGO bill doesn't go far enough - 'This masochism has to stop,' says Habayit Hayehudi leader. (Haaretz+)
- Israeli army shoots two Lebanese soldiers on border - 'Missing' Lebanese soldier surfaces after Israeli killed on border. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Netanyahu delays transfer of military colleges to Mount Scopus - The new campus [which is over the Green Line in E. Jerusalem - OH] has received all necessary approvals, including final approval of the Regional Committee back in 2012, but transfer was suspended by the Prime Minister. Due to the delay, which may result in cancellation of the program, the IDF is examining alternative sites. (Maariv, p. 1/NRG Hebrew)
- Netanyahu's point man on Bedouin relocation says plan still on track - Maj. Gen. (res.) Doron Almog contradicts former minister Benny Begin's announcement that plan has been shelved, says he will continue preparing for implementation. (Haaretz+)
- "Venice" in the Middle East: This is how the storm struck in Gaza - Thousands of families abandoned their homes, fishing boats in the streets: the storm flooded the Gaza Strip. Thanks to Qatar's contribution electricity has resumed. (Maariv, p. 12/NRG Hebrew+PHOTOS)
- Israeli government deal ties Birthright funding to subsidies for ultra-Orthodox yeshivas - Yesh Atid and Habayit Hayehudi parties agree to free up $51.3 million for Birthright and Masa in exchange for restoring yeshivas' funds for foreign students, if they adopt Zionist programming. (Haaretz+)
For the full News from Israel.