Content Section
STAY TUNED Newsmax GOP Debate Rescheduled Eric Gay / AP Photo

Newsmax GOP Debate Rescheduled

After speculation that the Dec. 27 Newsmax Media GOP debate would be canceled, since Donald Trump bowed out as moderator and Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were the only candidates who agreed to attend in the first place, it looks like the debate is still on. In an email, Newsmax Editorial Director Steve Coz said that he was “rescheduling the event for a later date,” though Trump won’t moderate because he’s still considering a run as an independent. Coz wrote that the company had been in touch with all seven candidates’ campaigns that said they still wanted to take part and had only been worried about Trump’s involvement. Until the date is announced, Newsmax will continue to cover their campaigns, Coz said.

December 16, 2011 5:29 PM