Yemen Continues U.S. Attack

    A rocket is fired by the Yemeni army during a military operation against Al-Qaeda in Loder, in the southern Abyan province, on June 10, 2012. Yemeni troops seized control of an Al-Qaeda munitions factory in Abyan province on June 11, as battles for control of the restive region killed 26 militants, local and military officials said. AFP PHOTO / GAMAL NOMAN        (Photo credit should read GAMAL NOMAN/AFP/GettyImages)

    Gamal Noman, AFP / Getty Images

    Yemen on Wednesday pressed ahead with a U.S.-led offensive against Islamic militants in the southern part of the country, a day after it recovered control of two strategic cities. Yemeni officials said at least 30 fighters were killed and many more wounded in airstrikes on the contentious region, but it remained unclear whether they were Yemeni airstrikes or American drone strikes. One local official said at least one attack had come from a drone. Ansar al-Sharia, an offshoot of al Qaeda in Yemen, claimed that the U.S. launched five drone strikes Wednesday morning and denied that any of its fighters had been killed.

    Read it at Reuters