Fort Hood Shooter Sentenced

    FILE - In this undated photo released by the McLennan County Sheriff's Office July 29, 2011, in Waco, Texas, soldier Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo is shown.  A federal judge is to decide, Friday, April 20, 2012, whether to throw out the confession of the soldier accused of planning to bomb a restaurant filled with Fort Hood troops. Defense attorneys for Abdo, who was AWOL from Fort Campbell, Ky., when he was arrested last summer at a motel near Fort Hood, say his confession should be thrown out because he was denied an attorney before speaking to authorities.   (AP Photo/McLennan County Sheriff's Office, File)

    McLennan County Sheriff's Office / AP Photo

    Twenty-two-year-old Naser Jason Abdo was given two consecutive life sentences on top of 60 years in prison Friday for a bomb and shooting plot at the Fort Hood Army Base in Texas last year. "I have continued to answer the call of jihad and will continue to the day I am called to account for my deeds," Abdo, who represented himself, reportedly said. He told the court his acts of violence were motivated by crimes he said the U.S. has committed against Muslims. Abdo was reportedly defiant during the hearing, speaking in Arabic. He was required by officials to wear a mesh mask after he spat blood that he believed to be infected with HIV on security guards who escorted him.

    Read it at Los Angeles Times