The father of one of the two boys featured in a New York Post front-page photo as a suspect in the Boston bombings is seeking legal counsel and could possibly sue the tabloid, he said on Tuesday. On April 18, the tabloid featured a photo of 16-year-old Saleh Barhoum and another boy, with the headline “Bag Men” and subhead “Feds seek these two pictured at Boston Marathon.” A photo of Barhoum had already circulated on the Internet, and he had spoken to police to clear his name the day before the newspaper came out. His father, El Houssein Barhoum, said his son was “scared to just go outside” in the aftermath of the Post cover. Barhoum said two staffers had visited him a day later, but they didn’t apologize.
CORRECTION NEEDED Salah Barhoum in his Revere, MA, home on April 18. (Rodrique Ngowi/AP)