Speaking before a cabinet meeting in Tel Aviv on Thursday, Benjamin Netanyahu said that “with or without a ceasefire” the Israeli military will continue to destroy the Hamas tunnel network in the Gaza Strip. Israel has destroyed most of the 32 tunnels it has found so far, and said eradicating the rest will take more time. “I won’t agree to any proposal that will not enable the Israeli military to complete this important task for the sake of Israel’s security,” Netanyahu said. Israel also announced it was called up an additional 16,000 reserve troops, which could allow the Israel Defense Forces to widen its incursion into Gaza, which has lasted 23 days. So far, 56 Israeli soldiers and three Israeli citizens as well as 1,360 Palestinians, mostly civilians, have died.