Guy Fieri’s Thanksgiving Leftovers Tips
The Food Network star shares the best ways to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers—from turkey Cubanos to roasted turkey egg rolls
There is nothing better than Thanksgiving leftovers. I almost look forward to the meal after Thanksgiving as much as Turkey Day.
This year, if you’re looking to do something different from your traditional open-faced turkey sandwich, try turning your leftovers into egg rolls. All you have to do is:
- Take the roasted turkey meat, remove the skin and cube it up.
- Mix with some grated carrot and stuffing.
- Toss with a little leftover gravy.
- Roll it up into egg rolls and fry until crispy.
- Take your cranberry sauce and spice it up with some fresh diced jalapeños, a squeeze of honey, and a touch of sambal [a spicy Southeast Asian sauce] to make your own Spicy Sweet Chili Cranberry dipping sauce, to serve with the crispy Roasted Turkey Egg Rolls.
If you just have to have a sandwich, but want to mix it up, try making a Cuban-style pressed sandwich by:
- Layering sliced turkey, some stuffing, mustard, mayo, pickles, and Swiss and Monterey Jack cheese on a soft hoagie roll.
- Toasting in a panini press until crispy.
Finally, I love pasta, so one of my favorite meals to put together with leftovers, that’s a completely different spin, is turning the turkey breast into a pasta dish with my recipe for Tequila Turkey Fettuccine.