7 Things to Know About the Final Season of ‘Mad Men’
Matthew Weiner teases what to expect on 'Mad Men.'
AMC’s Mad Men and it’s boozy, womanizing tour of American advertising is back soon (set your DVRs for April 13). The show’s creator and executive producer Matthew Weiner was interviewed by Vulture, and teased the final season. Of course, he’s keeping everything under wraps, and the most the cast can say is “I am still on Mad Men” and “please redact my previous statement.” Here’s what we sort of know.
1. After Don, Peggy’s plotline is “No.2 on the list.”
2. “Just because Don’s changed, even in that infinitesimal way, doesn’t mean anybody else thinks he has.”
3. The changing state of America in 1968 makes Don uneasy. He’s lost even more of that signature confidence.
4. The season is split into two halves, seven episodes each. “The stories are denser and the first seven episodes are their own arc.”
5. Megan, Don’s second wife, who left him in last season’s finale, is back in a promo picture. She’s not gone for good...yet.
6. Weiner could have the series end on an “ambiguous note” for audiences, even though it may be unintentional.
7. There will be no spin-off. Sorry, guys.