"It is advisable to think in advance where they will go, not afterwards."--Justice Edna Arbel tells the state they can't demolish the homes of 27 Palestinian families without finding them a 'solution.'
- Israeli government spent NIS 1.1 billion on settlements in 2011, reports show - Spending last year represented a 38% increase over funds allocated in 2010, but is significantly lower than the peak of NIS 2.5 billion in 1993. (Haaretz)
- India says Iran behind Feb. attack on Israeli diplomat - Official New Delhi Police report names Islamic Republic's Revolutionary Guards responsible for attack on Israeli Embassy. (Ynet)
- Druze suspected of spying for Syria - Shin Bet, Northern District Police officers arrest Majdal Shams resident for allegedly spying on IDF operations in north on behalf of Syrian intelligenc. (Ynet)
- Tal Law expires tonight: Fate of ultra-Orthodox draft passes to Barak - The Knesset failed to come to an agreement on a new law meaning that from tomorrow Defense Minister Ehud Barak decides temporarily how many ultra-Orthodox will be drafted. (Maariv, p. 4 and NRG Hebrew)
- Soldiers barred from praying (special prayer meant only for days of repentance) in protest of draft - Military Rabbinate forbids soldiers from reciting 'Avinu Malkeinu' prayer in protest of universal draft. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.