"The Iranian regime sees the nuclear project as an umbrella... that will protect it from severe US and Israeli reactions to its actions - an insurance policy that will make sure that the US won't do what it did to Saddam."
--Senior Israeli military official explains Iranian refusal of West's offer, Yedioth.
- Abbas to Netanyahu: Respond favorably to Palestinian peace plan or we return to UN - Abbas gave the PM a month to respond to the Palestinian positions, which will be laid out in a letter to be delivered to Netanyahu next Wednesday. (Haaretz)
- Mofaz: 'Palestinians should get 100% of their territorial demands' - Kadima Chairman gets flak from Right and his own party for interview given to NYT. (Israel Hayom)
- Egypt sends 7 battalions into Sinai with Israeli approval, sources say (Israel Hayom)
- Hundreds of demonstrators rally to protest against Israel's skyrocketing cost of living. (Ynet)
- Syria demands written guarantees from rebels before pulling back troops (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Egypt's former spy chief Omar Suleiman joins presidential race (Agencies, Haaretz)
- 'Suleiman's election could trigger nationwide revolt' (Agencies, Ynet)
- Muslim Brotherhood official says movement will honor Israel peace accord (Israel Hayom)
Here is the full News from Israel.
Ali Gharib on how badly John Kerry's efforts to restart Israeli-Palestinian talks are going.