News from Israel
04.16.12 12:17 PM ET
From Social Protest to Political Party
"At a time when the Palestinians began a new and less violent strategy, Israel is stuck in the old patterns and uses a heavy hammer to hit three flies at Ben-Gurion Airport."
--Nachman Shai, former IDF Spokesman, explains why the Palestinians have a better strategy than Israel.
- 40% of Shin Ben blacklist for fly-in protestors were not activists (Haaretz)
- Survey: Nearly half of Israelis fear Holocaust could happen again (Haaretz)
- Social protest leaders to form new political party (Haaretz)
- Binyamin (settler) vineyard vandalized - Police, IDF investigating, but settlers blamed the Palestinians for uprooting plants on the biggest Jewish farm in the West Bank. (Ynet)
- Infiltration alert on Egyptian border - Busy night in south as Palestinians report IDF shelling in Gaza, Islamists kill two Egyptian policemen in Sinai. (Ynet)
- Thousands of jars of human remains to be buried in mass grave - New program, 'An Honorable Burial,' begins Monday, involving jars of tissues and organs amassed at the National Institute of Forensic Medicine in Tel Aviv. (Haaretz)
Read the full News from Israel.