"You're basically seeking to change your policy post-verdict. This is unheard of."
--Justice Uzi Vogelman said during High Court hearing on the State's petition to postpone the court order for the eviction and demolishing of Givat Ulpana outpost by three months.
- Undercover Israeli combatants threw stones at IDF soldiers in West Bank'- Testimony by commander of the Israeli Prison Service's elite 'Masada' unit sheds light on IDF methods in countering demonstrations against barrier. (Haaretz)
- Fear: Hunger strike could enflame the Territories - Palestinian security prisoners joined the hunger strike three weeks ago. Two men protesting administrative detention on 70th day without food. "If someone dies - we will renew the rocket shooting on Israel," says Islamic Jihad. (Yedioth and Maariv)
- Yair Shamir, son of former PM Yitzhak Shamir, to be #2 on Yisrael Beiteinu list (Yedioth, p. 6)
- 92.8% of French nationals in Israel voted Sarkozy - French-Israeli says Hollande's victory won’t encourage French Jews to make aliyah: 'Possibility of making a decent living does not exist in Israel.' (Ynet)
- Police raid yeshivas getting state funds for 'fictitious' students (Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.