"The opposition is small, but it bites."
--Maariv reporter Arik Bender writing about the stormy Knesset session yesterday.
- New Hamas force in Gaza is foiling rocket attacks against Israel - The new 300 men anti-rocket force operates day and night, but will not act if Israel is the first to strike. (Haaretz)
- After ten years, Israel to release Palestinian prisoner from solitary confinement - Some demands of hunger-striking prisoners are met as Mahmoud Issa will be released from isolation. (Haaretz)
- Qassam hits Negev as kids mark Lag B'Omer (Ynet)
- Israeli report shows 70 percent rise in soldiers on welfare (Israel Hayom)
- Tel Aviv University okays Nakba Day ceremony, despite Student Union opposition (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.