"I'm as Israeli as they get."
--'A.', a 27-year-old Muslim Iranian woman living in Tel-Aviv since age 12.
- Israel to funnel (outside) aid to Palestinians in case of earthquake - Decision comes in the wake of a 5.5-magnitude quake which rattled Israel and the West Bank on Friday. (Haaretz)
- Court rules Judaism, not place of birth, is grounds for Israeli citizenship - Israeli court denies petition by anti-coercion activist to be recognized as Israeli without connection to Judaism, says citizenship is solely determined by law of return. (Haaretz)
- Member of (Jewish terrorist) underground to stay in jail - Shlomi Davir was sentenced to 15 years in prison for placing a wagon loaded with explosives next to an Arab girls' school in E. Jerusalem. He will not be released early. (Yedioth, p. 26)
- National Library acquires first Arabic translation of Babylonian Talmud - On a stand at the book fair in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia about two months ago was a sign advertising the first translation in history of the Babylonian Talmud into Arabic. (Haaretz)
- Irish writer Gerard Donovan accuses pro-Palestinian group of 'bullying' him to boycott Israel (Haaretz)
- Suspected neo-Nazis storm pro-Israel event in Germany (Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.
Yaakov Katz on what the delivery of advanced Russian missiles would mean for Israel.