—The word shouted in the warroom seconds before another missile was shot at a building with members of the Samouni family, wrote Maariv, revealing for the first time the orders that lead to the killing of 21 members of the same family in Operation Cast Lead.
- Kfar Sava hospital bans teaching staff from speaking in Arabic - Arab teachers and students working in Kfar Sava's Meir Medical Center have been forbidden to speak to each other in Arabic, despite the fact that Arabic is one of Israel's official languages. (Haaretz)
- Justice Ministry proposes bill that would expand the state's power to tap phones - The bill would almost double the number of state agencies allowed to access such data when conducting investigations. (Haaretz)
- In south Tel Aviv, Israelis anguished and bitter due to influx of African refugees - A day in Tel Aviv's Shapira neighborhood, where tensions between veteran Israelis and African asylum seekers have boiled up to the surface recently. (Haaretz)
- Ministry's 'secret' employees turn to superheroes - Defense Ministry employees in classified roles use actors in superhero disguises in order to protest against worsening in terms of their employment. (Ynet)
- Envoy to Israel: US ready to strike Iran - Ambassador Dan Shapiro says diplomacy still preferred, but military option against Islamic Republic 'fully available.' (Agencies, Ynet)
- Israeli NGO: Police beat handcuffed detainees in Palestinian solidarity protest - Complaints filed over alleged use by police of Taser electroshock weapons, beating and kicking bound detainees, racist verbal abuse and sexual harassment of female detainees. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.
Ali Gharib on how badly John Kerry's efforts to restart Israeli-Palestinian talks are going.