"Yariv Oppenheimer, Secretary-General of Peace Now, will not bring us peace. But he is he only one who is succeeding in blocking the settlers and preventing the expansion of the outposts."
--Maariv commentator Yael Paz-Melamed profiles Oppenheimer in today's paper.
- Ex-PMO chief: Gov't must focus on getting Haredim jobs, not army stints (Haaretz)
- New Syria massacre reported as world prepares more sanctions (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Iran says hopes to conclude nuclear deal with IAEA soon - Western diplomats doubt that Iran will implement any accord that it signs with the UN nuclear watchdog. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Egypt shuts down production of film that 'promotes' Israel ties (Haaretz)
- Jerusalem court sanctions deportation of South Sudan nationals from Israel - Some 1,000 South Sudanese are believed to be in Israel, part of a larger influx of African migrants who have poured into the country in recent years; Yishai says court ruling is first of many such steps. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.
Yaakov Katz on what the delivery of advanced Russian missiles would mean for Israel.