"One must keep in mind that countries will agree to help us and send portable housing units at times of massive natural disasters such as earthquakes or fires, but I doubt this will be the case during a war."
Home Front Protection Minister Matan Vilnai on new preparations for an all-scale war.
- South Sudan migrants detained; Yishai: Nowhere to hide - Immigration Authority gave South Sudan nationals until Thursday to leave country voluntarily, but eight of them have already been apprehended. Interior minister: We'll locate all of them. (Ynet)
- Knesset to mark Armenian genocide, day before release of Gaza flotilla report - Recognition of Armenian genocide perpetrated by Turkey comes alongside Turkish lawsuit against senior Israeli officials involved in IDF raid on the Gaza-bound ship, the Mavi Marmara. (Haaretz)
- Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial desecrated with anti-Semitic slogans - Vandals spray-painted slogans such as 'Hitler, thank you for the Holocaust' on the walls of the Holocaust museum. (Haaretz)
- IDF approved transfer of 130 thousand liters of gasoline to Gaza - Gas was donated by government of Qatar to lower the number of power cuts. (Maariv, p. 10)
- Operation Jonathan underway - President Peres in US to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom, work to secure Jonathan Pollard’s release; some 70,000 Israelis sign a petition calling to free him. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel
Ali Gharib on how badly John Kerry's efforts to restart Israeli-Palestinian talks are going.