"Jewish girls associating with Arabs are liable to endanger their safety for nationalist reasons, and is liable to undermine their right to life and security."
--Sentence taken from study book to prepare for high school citizenship matriculation exam.
- Gaza kindergartners want to 'blow up Zionists' - Kids at Islamic Jihad kindergarten celebrate end of year by demonstrating how Palestinian prisoners are 'tortured' in Israel. (Ynet)
- 2 children, teacher injured in school acid attack (Ynet)
- Leftist MKs against university in 'heart of territories' - Debate on whether to grant university status to education center in Ariel heating up. Meretz leader says move will lead to academic boycott, while rightist lawmaker claims institution gained 'international recognition.' (Ynet)
- Gov't campaign encourages employment of Arab academics - Campaign designed to raise awareness while breaking through stigmas, calling attention to incentives state offers employers. (Ynet)
- 3000 illegal aliens sign voluntary departure form - Immigration Authority arrests dozens on second day of campaign to deport illegal immigrants. (Ynet)
- Ulpana residents petition Jerusalem court to expedite debate on landownership - Settlers' last-ditch request, submitted less than a month before homes slated for demolition, urges the court to deliberate a prior petition from September 2011. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.