"From kindergarten to old age we feed our children hatred, suspicion and disgust toward the stranger and the other, and especially toward the Arabs."
--Renowned Israeli author Sami Michael calls the State of Israel one of the most racist in the world.
- Haaretz poll: Decisive majority (69%) in favor of resuming (social justice) protest.
- Israeli policeman charged with death of Palestinian child: If you don't act, they think you're weak - Police officer indicted in May 2010 for causing death by negligence, and the closing arguments of his trial began last week. (Haaretz)
- Turkey accuses Syrian forces of firing at a second jet - Turkey to urge NATO to consider downing of jet as an attack on the military alliance; NATO envoys to convene on Tuesday. (Agencies, Haaretz)
- EU approves embargo on Iran oil, warns of future sanctions (Agencies, Haaretz)
- Did IDF troops aid Sinai drug smugglers? - IDF soldiers, career officers suspected of warning smugglers about army patrols along border. (Ynet)
For the full News from Israel.
Ali Gharib on how badly John Kerry's efforts to restart Israeli-Palestinian talks are going.