"The Goldstone report will pale in comparison to what will be here next time."
--A senior IDF officer warns about the next Lebanon war.
- US Presbyterians reject Israel divestment - Divestment advocates said Caterpillar Inc., Hewlett-Packard Co. and Motorola profit from 'occupation' by providing bulldozers, surveillance technology and other products to IDF. AJC: Proposal threatened Christian-Jewish relations. (Agencies, Ynet)
- FIFA panel approves Islamic headscarves for women - Panel reverses ban on attire that could make religious statements on soccer field. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Clinton to visit Israel, Egypt - US secretary of state to become first top American official to meet with newly elected Islamist president; visit to be followed by stop in Jerusalem. (Ynet)
- Hamas PM to meet Egypt president - Ismail Haniyeh, Mohamed Morsi to meet in Cairo in two weeks. Haniyeh reportedly seeking 'open-border policy' between Strip, Egypt. (Agencies, Ynet)
- Top Iran official: Time has come for Israel, U.S. to vanish from world - Iran's Press TV quotes parliamentary speaker Ali Larijani as saying that U.S., 'Zionist regime' are the prime sources of tyranny and gloom in modern times. (Haaretz)
For the full News from Israel.
Matthew Kalman broke the story of physicist Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel. Then Cambridge University tried to falsely deny it.