'Turkish officials have already hired a Jewish ritual slaughterer and kosher supervisor for the occasion.'
--Preparations for the dedication of an historical synagogue recently restored by the Turkish government. (Israel Hayom)
- 'Golan Heights turning into terror base like Sinai,' says intel chief--Maj. Gen. Aviv Kochavi warns "The Golan is liable to become an arena of operations against Israel in much the same way the Sinai is today." (Israel Hayom)
- Knesset votes down Lieberman's universal draft bill'--Reality will do what the proposal didn't,' FM says after MKs reject bill calling on all Israelis, including Arabs and haredim, to enlist at age 18. (Ynet)
- Boycott against Israeli companies in Europe: Dundee University is third academic institution in Scotland that decided to boycott 'Mei Eden' bottled water products. Reason: "The water is stolen from the occupied Syrian Golan Heights." (Maariv, p. 18 and NRG Hebrew)
- Rabbinic sex scandal spawns crisis among faithful--The scandal erupted after one of the rabbi's followers peeked through his window late at night and saw him with a naked woman. The spiritual leader admitted to having "fallen." (Israel Hayom)
- Congress approves expanded military aid to Israel--The United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act now awaits President Barack Obama's signature before it can become law. (Haaretz)
- Pentagon building secret missile-defense radar station in Qatar--According to the Wall Street Journal, US Navy also preparing its largest-ever minesweeping exercises in the Persian Gulf. New radar base will house the powerful X-Band radar system, already stationed in in Israel's Negev Desert and in central Turkey. (Agencies, Israel Hayom)
For the full News from Israel.
Ali Gharib on how badly John Kerry's efforts to restart Israeli-Palestinian talks are going.